1. What is personal information?
‘Personal information’ is defined in the Privacy Act 1993, and in summary, is any piece of that relates to living individual (i.e. natural person) who can be identified, directly or indirectly.
2. Collection of your personal information by Kcore
Kcore provides High Performance Reformer Pilates classes and associated services (‘Services’) to its customers.
If you are one of our customers or personal customers, to enable us to deliver our great Services to you, we may need to collect your personal information to:
- facilitate your booking and payment for our Services via our Site (through the ‘MindBody’ online booking system which is owned by MindBody Online, Inc (‘Mindbody’);
- enable us to provide further information to you about our products, services, specials or promotions which we think may be of interest to you;
- to show you advertising and content that we believe would be relevant and interesting to you; and
- provide content of interest to you relating to our Services.
The personal information we may collect from you include: name, email address, phone number, date of birth, bank account, credit or debit card details, and postcode.
3. How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- register to use our Services (or register a to you use the Mindbody booking system via our Site);
- book or pay for our Services; or
- otherwise use our Services or visit our Site.
We may also collect personal information from you through promotional activities, competitions and events that we undertake ourselves or with partners we collaborate with.
You can always choose to not provide your personal information to us, but that may mean we are unable to deliver our Services (or deliver the full benefit of our Services) to you.
Where possible, Kcore will collect your personal information directly from you. However, we may also collect your personal information from Mindbody when you book our Services through the Mindbody online booking system.
4. Kcore may also collection personal information from you about others
5. The purposes that Kcore collects, holds and uses your personal information
Kcore collects your personal so that we can provide you with the Services and any related services you may request. In doing so, we may use the personal information we have collected from you for purposes related to the Services and/or to:
- verify your identity,
- administer and deliver the Service,
- provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- carry out promotions, competitions, events or training relating to the Service,
- share your information with our service providers, collaboration partners and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services, including contacting you in relation to the products or services;
- assist with the resolution of technical issues relating to our Site or the Mindbody booking system or other issues relating to the Service,
- comply with NZ laws and regulations; and
- communicate with you.
If we do contact you by using your personal information in accordance with any of the purposes above, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for direct marketing in the future. By using the Service or our Site, you consent to your personal information being collected, held and used in the ways described above, or for any other use or purpose that you authorise.
It is your responsibility to keep any usernames and passwords that you need to use our Services or the Mindbody booking system safe.
6. Protecting your personal information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be secure at all times.
7. You are responsible for transfer of your personal information or data to third party applications
8. Correction and access
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Questions and privacy complaints process
If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to how we have handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com so that we can resolve your concerns. Our Privacy Officer will consider your query and endeavour to respond to you promptly.